NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Subject: LRA Launches Creation of User Accounts in the PPSR
The Land Registration Authority (LRA) is pleased to announce the soft launching of the Philippines Personal Property Security Registry (PPSR) on March 25, 2021, where LRA Clients may now access the PPSR through www.philppsr.lra.gov.ph for the registration of individual user (public) and juridical entity user accounts. This is pursuant to the Personal Property Security Act (PPSA), and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR), and LRA Circular 11-2021 with subject “Implementing Guidelines on the Use of the Philippines Personal Property Security Registry (“PPSR”) for the Creation of User Accounts to Access the PPSR”.
Individuals and Juridical Entities shall have the option to create their user accounts through the Self-Service Mode, which can be done through the PPSR website.
Juridical Entities may also avail of the LRA-Assisted Mode, which may be done by requesting through firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request for assistance on the use of the PPSR by sending us an email at email@example.com or you may also visit the PPSR Information Center through this link: https://sites.google.com/lares.com.ph/ppsr-information-center/home.
*Important note: At this stage, the PPSR should not yet be construed as already established and operational, as contemplated in Sec. 55 item d of the PPSA, nor does this mean that the PPSR is now fully implemented as provided in Section 8.3 item a (ii) and 10.03 of the PPSA IRR.
PABATID SA PUBLIKO
Subject: Paglulunsad ng PPSR Para sa Paggawa ng User Accounts
Malugod na ipinababatid ng Land Registration Authority ang soft launch ng Philippines Personal Property Security Registry (PPSR) sa ika-25 ng Marso 2021. Maaari nang gumawa ng user account sa PPSR ang mga indibidwal (public) o juridical entity sa pamamagitan ng pagbisita sa www.philppsr.lra.gov.ph. Ito ay alinsunod sa Personal Property Security Act (PPSA), at ng Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) nito, at ng LRA Circular 11-2021 na may subject na “Implementing Guidelines on the Use of the Philippines Personal Property Security Registry (“PPSR”) for the Creation of User Accounts to Access the PPSR”.
Ang mga Indibidwal at Juridical Entity ay maaaring gumawa ng kanilang User Account sa pamamagitan ng Self-Service Mode, na maaaring gawin sa PPSR website.
Ang mga Juridical Entity ay maaari ring magkaroon ng user account sa pamamagitan ng LRA-Assisted Mode. Magpapadala lamang ng request sa firstname.lastname@example.org.
Para sa mga katanungan, maaaring magpadala ng email sa email@example.com, o maaari ring bisitahin ang PPSR information sa pamamagitan ng pagbisita sa link na ito: https://sites.google.com/lares.com.ph/ppsr-information-center/home.
*Paalala: Mangyaring tandaan na ang paglulunsad ng PPSR sa ika-25 ng Marso ay hindi nangangahulugang fully operational na ito alinsunod sa probisyon ng Sec. 55 (d) ng PPSA, o na itoy naipatupad na sa kabuuan alinsunod sa probisyon ng Sec. 8.3 (a) (ii) at 10.03 ng PPSA IRR.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Migration and Re-registration of Chattel Mortgage Transactions
This is to inform the general public that, pursuant to LRA Circular No. 12-2021 with subject, “Implementing Guidelines on the Migration and Re-registration in the Personal Property Security Registry of Instruments Affecting Chattel Mortgage and Personal Properties Registered in the Chattel Mortgage Books of Computerized Registries of Deeds” as may be amended from time to time, the LRA shall implement the following:
- Migration of data relating to Chattel Mortgage (CM) transactions recorded in the Electronic Chattel Mortgage Registries during the Transitional Period, which started on February 9, 2019; and,
- Re-registration of CM transactions registered prior to the implementation of the PPSA.
LRA Clients are hereby advised of the following in relation to the Migration/Re-registration Activity:
- The list of creditor names as encoded in the Chattel Mortgage Registries are posted in the LRA website. The LRA Clients are requested to inform LRA of the various names referring to their respective banks or financial institutions.
- The Migration/Re-registration Activity may be undertaken through a Self-service Mode or an LRA-assisted Mode.
- If the migration/re-registration is done through the Self-service Mode, Clients shall:
- Secure a User Account from the PPSR;
- Register the Chattel Mortgage as an Initial Notice; and,
- Tag a CM transaction by providing the EPEB Number, CM Identification Number, and Notary Details, and provide the updated information of the CM during the Initial Notice registration process in the PPSR.
b. If the migration/re-registration is done through the LRA-assisted Mode:
- The LRA and the Client shall execute an Undertaking or enter into an Agreement;
- LRA shall provide the list of registered CMs and the corresponding available data to the Client, together with the CM Migration and Re-registration template;
- The Client shall review the list and select which transactions shall be migrated/re-registered into the PPSR;
- The Client shall provide the updated information of the CM transaction, provide a list of users with details, and map each transaction to the user using the CM Migration and Re-registration template provided by LRA; and,
- The Client shall authorize the LRA to migrate/re-register records from the different CM Registries into the PPSR.
For questions and clarifications about the migration and re-registration of CM transactions, you may send an email to the PPSR Helpdesk through firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also vist the PPSR Information Center at https://sites.google.com/lares.com.ph/ppsr-information-center/home.
For your guidance.
LAND REGISTRATION AUTHORITY
RENATO D. BERMEJO
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
Validation of Entity Names (revised 2021.04.21)
Republic Act 11057, or the Personal Property Security Act (the “PPSA”), is a new law that provides for the creation, perfection, determination of priority, establishment of an online notice registry (the Personal Property Security Registry or the “PPSR”), and enforcement of security interests in personal/movable property. Under the PPSA, the Land Registration Authority (the “LRA”) is tasked to establish and administer the online notice-based registry.
The PPSR shall replace the existing Chattel Mortgage Registry (the “CMR”) which is currently being used to register such security interests. The PPSA provides that the transactions in the CMR have to be registered in the PPSR so that the creditors shall continue to enjoy priority over these secured interests, which retroact to the date when registered in the CMR.
To aid in the migration or re-registration of instruments recorded in the CMR to the PPSR, the LRA shall publish the list of these mortgagee names as encoded in the CMR, correspondingly, creditors are requested to inform LRA of the various names referring to their respective banks or financial institutions, following the procedure below:
- Click this link to view or download the list of creditor names as encoded in the CMR.
- Confirm the names referring to your bank, financial institution or organization through this Online Form. If you have more than 50 alternate names, you may skip the Alternate Names section in the Online Form and fill up the Entity Names Template which shall be submitted through the Online Form.
- Download the Deed of Undertaking that you have to execute and submit through the Online Form.